Sunday, November 9, 2014

A short comparison between dark souls/dark souls 2

Dark souls 2 and one, the comparison!
When I started to play dark souls and actually completed it, I said to myself that I really do not think that the second game will beat the game that is a master piece in my opinion.
What I liked about the game and what made it beautiful was the details and creativity they had put on the environment. And that you could stand at some point and actually get a view of the whole city. And also see other buildings you were heading off to, for me that made the game special and beautiful.
The world isn’t huge but it’s so great and has many secrets and challenges!
The weapons, armor and shields were detailed to. Everything was kind of on point. There may be some glitches but it doesn’t really make the game bad at all, the glitch doesn’t bother me.
People can stick to knowing the basic of the game story or dig deeper by actually talking to the characters in the game and bring the puzzles together.
The boss fights where epic challenging and often really unfair.
I still love that game and I do not thing we are going to see a game like that in a long while.



Dark souls 2 is good, really good, But is it better than the first one? No!
They said that they were going to do the game more dark and challenging and that you would feel like one whit the character. I felt that I got nothing of that.
The graphic and details aren’t on point as the first one at all! The game isn’t darker at all, and I do not feel one whit my character! I just feel that he’s my vessel that I control to kill and defeat bosses, I don’t feel sorry for my character, like I did in dark souls ofc.
But the game is fun and still challenging in its own way and can be pretty unforgiving. The armor and weapons in this game doesn’t look as good as the first one ofc.
You will meet characters here from the first game, bosses of course that has taken new shapes and looks.
You can putt the story peace’s together by talking to some characters and read a little of it on the bosses weapons when you get it.

I’m not going on details in this review; I’m just saying what I think by comparing these 2 games.
The magical that dark souls had doesn’t seem to exist in this game. We did get something different.
The thing about the bosses in this game is that they are really good at tracking you, the rng isn’t as cruel as the first one, but there are really hard bosses here.
I do love dark souls 2 anyway it’s still a lot of fun and challenging and something I will play over and over again. There is always ways to make it even more challenging.
The menu has some improvement the thing I like about it is that you can equip more rings at the same time and pop how many souls you want at the same time. I don’t like how you level up, I still think they could have just kept the bonfires for that, here we must talk to a lady, like in demon’s souls.
The control of the character you play isn’t as smooth as the first game, why would they make it slower?
What’s really good is the co-op , it’s really fun and easy, I didn’t do much of that in the first one because I didn’t want to get invaded.
Over all it’s pretty much the looks and details for me that’s lacking and the magical aura that the first game had.
It’s definitely a really good game, I enjoy it a lot.
But! The darkest and hardest game for me is still demon’s souls!

Thank you for stopping by and make sure to visit my channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFv_T2eSPycQdlkNxwSEdeQ

No comments: